Alone, Cassette Tape, Cheating, Colm Feore, Def Leppard, Heart, Listen to Your Heart, Love Bites, Monica Geller, Rachel Green, Reddit, Relationships, Romance Novels, Roxette, Tessa Ryan, The Smurfs, Tiffany
Ah, a new relationship.
And here’s your form. It turns out your date spent too much time on Pinterest, and they chose fifty … seventy-five or one-hundred questions. All for you! Because your significant other of ten minutes is dying to know – before they totally and completely fall for you – whether you can play the French horn and if you’re a morning or night person.
Nothing says date night like:
“If you could be a cat or dog, which would you be and why?” Dog, always, dog, because they’re loyal.
And, “Which social media site did you first join?” Facebook. It was a class reunion. Or, “Where do you see yourself in five years?” Run. Run like the freakin’ wind. Your date is turning into job interview.
Don’t get me wrong. These questions open a dialogue. Sure, there are other ways to get acquainted, but you’re date is more interested in those reoccurring dreams. Ah, that’s why you scream at night.
Some questions seem dull, such as “What did you want to be when you were a child?” However, that question could reveal if your pending partner had goals from the start. Or were a floater.
And “Who did you like better? Mom or dad?” Neither? Well, this calls for some digging. Was there a nasty divorce? An unstable upbringing? Maybe they’re from an orphanage. I don’t have all the answers.
Here’s a short complication of questions for you and your partner on a rainy date night. And, hey, look at that! I’ve included my answers. So you can get to know me better as well. A two for one.
- Which “Friends” character are you? Rachel with a touch of Monica
- Can you play an instrument? If so, what? None, I’m a singer
- Who would you want to narrate your life? Colm Feore
- What was your favourite television show as a teenager? 90201
- What was the first cassette/CD/MP3 you ever bought/downloaded? Cassette, Tiffany; CD, Bryan Adam, Waking Up the Neighbours; MP3, Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
- What’s your favourite ’80s or ’90s ballad/slow song? Short list: Love Bites, Def Leppard; Alone, Heart; and Listen to Your Heart, Roxette
- Are you listening to music right now? What’s playing? Yes. Love Bites
- Which celebrity’s death impacted you the most? Prince, and Princess Diana
- Favourite cartoon as a kid? The Smurfs
- Do you have a reoccurring dream? What is it? Yes, I’m skating
Oh, no! The semi-naughty questions!
- How many people have you slept with? My mother always said sex and finances are private, so …
- Have you ever skinny dipped? No, eww
- Do you believe sex equals love? No, just as love can’t be proven by sex
- Does time determine when a couple should have sex? No, I believe it’s more important to know the person as best as possible first
- Do you believe sex is a physical or emotional connection, or both? Emotional
- Where’s the strangest place you’ve had sex? My mother always said sex …
- Have you had any one night stands? My mother always said … okay, no
- Have you ever cheated on a partner? No
- Has a partner ever cheated on you? Yes
- Can cheating be forgiven? No